Monday, May 11, 2015

Jacob 1:5 "because of faith and great anxiety"

Is great anxiety anything like high anxiety? Sorry. Had to ask.

I find it interesting that Jacob has seen his posterity's future because of faith and great anxiety. I have a difficult time wondering what will become of my immediate children; could I really see what will happen in distant generations? Would I want to? What would I want for them? What do I want for my immediate children?

I want them to be happy and love the Lord. I want my children to be better than me; I have made mistakes that I hope they don't make. I hope they find husbands and wives that they can love and that will love them back.

Perhaps I need to spend more time cultivating great anxiety for my posterity so I can recognize the rare opportunities to influence the future today.

No comments:

Post a Comment