Sunday, November 30, 2014

A fresh start

At the Sunday session of Stake Conference a few weeks back I totally had a difficult time paying attention. Between the 2 hours of leadership session and 2 hours of the "adult" session the day before, I was just done. My wife and I had stayed up too late the night before but I'm sure that had nothing to do with my inability to focus. ;)

In spite of my (non)spiritual ADD, the Spirit did manage to leave one impression with me. I need to be better about studying (not just reading) the scriptures. To that end I decided to revive this blog. In college I learned that writing out my thoughts helps distil my thinking and crystalize any insights I may have. If I can't express an idea clearly in words, the idea could use a little refining.

To aide in my studies I bought James E Faulconer's The Book Of Mormon Made Harder. (I took Hegel from Dr. Faulconer in college. He was a great teacher.) I imagine sometimes my posts will use those questions as jumping off points or I may just share random thoughts that come to my mind while studying (like my next post on the first few books of Nephi). At the end of the day, I just want to capture my impressions in a place where my kids can one day profit from.

1 comment: